When it comes to creative ways to earn a few extra dollars, many people have turned to the internet to seek options. One of the newest and most popular ways to earn money online is by using cash back apps. Not only do these apps pay, but they pay you to shop, which is something many people enjoy.
The fact is that everyone shops in one form or the other, even if it’s simply for groceries and necessities. This being said, even if the cash back app you are using only pays 1% (many pay way more) that would definitely add up over the course of the year.
In addition, these user-friendly cash back apps also offer a variety of different ways to earn extra money by completing activities, which can really add some extra cash to your account.
Here are some of the top cash back apps of 2021 and how they can work for you.
5 Best Cash Back Apps of 2021
- Honey – Honey is a browser extension that can be used on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, and on your smartphone. Honey works in the background while you are shopping online. It will alert you when you buy an item that is eligible for a reward. Users collect ‘Honey Gold’ which can be used towards gift card purchases. There are over 4,500 retailers that use the Honey platform and offer rewards of up to 20% cash back on purchases.
- Ibotta – This app is popular for earning cash back when you buy from grocery stores. Users can earn cash by shopping online via the app and browser extension, or in the actual store using a pre-linked retailer account and uploading the receipt to the app. Ibotta offers great welcome rewards and the option to purchase gift cards instantly, allowing you to use them for online and in person purchases. Users do need to complete requested activities to earn cash back, which may include taking a survey or watching a product demo.
- Coupons.com – One of the oldest and most trusted couponing sites on the internet, Coupons.com is mostly a place to get special rewards and discount offer codes, but they also offer opportunities to get cash back. Simply activate the special rewards you have interest in and link your loyalty shopping cards. Downloading the Coupons.com app allows users to review the different promotions to earn cash. Earnings are paid via PayPal with no minimum amount for withdrawals.
- Swagbucks – Rated as one of the top online survey sites, Swagbucks pays top dollar and is recognized as being one of the best paying cash back sites online today. Users earn money by completing surveys, watching videos, browsing the internet, and other activities. Swagbucks also offers bonuses as well as your choice of gift cards or cash rewards via PayPal for reward payments.
- Rakuten – Rakuten, pays users real cash back when they shop online. After your $10 sign up bonus, you will be paid via check or PayPal each quarter. Once you begin shopping with the browser extension, you will earn on the average of 10% cash back on purchases. You also have additional opportunities to earn money from referring your family and friends to Rakuten.
Download your favorite cash back app and start reaping the rewards when shopping at all of your favorite retailers, grocers, and online businesses.