Now more than ever, road trips are a popular vacation choice for people all across America. From visiting relatives in Mississippi to enjoying a relaxing week along the South Carolina coast; road trips are a great way for family fun, a couples’ escape, some much-needed friend time, and other exciting new adventures.
If you’re looking to save a little money on your next road trip, try these user-friendly travel tips from industry experts so that your next U.S. road trip can be the budget-friendly escape you’ve been dreaming of.
5 Tips for Saving Money While Road Tripping
- Plan the Best Route – Planning the route to your vacation destination with your GPS can help you not only find the quickest therefore most gas-saving route, but it can also help you choose inexpensive restaurants for dinner, fun and free landmarks, and more.
- Savvy Packing – Packing lightly saves space in your car for other vacation items that you can now bring along instead of buying or renting them while on your vacation. From towels and snacks to sunscreen and drinks – bringing them from home saves big versus spending top dollar at a resort or in an overpriced vacation town.
- Discover the Lowest Gas Prices – Gas is going to be a large part of your road trip vacation budget so spend wisely. This is especially true if you are towing a camper, driving an RV, or pulling a boat. With the help of the internet, you can search for the lowest gas prices all along your vacation route. Sites like GasBuddy update gas prices several time per day, ensuring you can find the best deal. Their Trip Cost Calculator can also help you to budget for your gas expense with an estimated fuel cost for the trip.
- Avoid a Breakdown – Preparing your vehicle for your road trip is the number one smartest thing to do before you hit the highway. By having your car serviced and all preventative maintenance performed to avoid expensive breakdowns and costly inconveniences during your vacation, you are ensuring your trip goes well and everyone has fun.
- Book in Advance – If there are any sites or tours you plan to see during your road trip vacation, be sure to check online to see if there is a discount for buying tickets in advance. Typically, those who order tickets in advance receive some sort of discount as a perk for planning ahead.
Savvy Planning Can Save You Big Bucks on Your Road Trip Vacation
With these travel tips and a little bit of savvy planning, your next road trip could cost a lot less. So, get to planning and get ready for your next American road trip to your favorite destination with your favorite people and save money while doing it!